Fresh Produce Wash Water Good Agricultural Practices GAPs with Trevor Suslow, Ph.D.
Extension Research Specialist, in the Plant Sciences Department at the University of California at Davis.
Duration: 50 minutes, 45 seconds.
Dr. Suslow's areas of speciality include: Postharvest Quality and Safety from Seed to Shelf: postharvest handling, pathology, and microbiology; quality and safety of fresh vegetables and fruits from production through distribution.
1. Introduction of Dr. Suslows' training and background.
2. Fresh Produce Wash Water GAPs.
3. Traditional methods and chemical additives.
4. Advanced, scientific methods and chemical additives.
5. Current production issues and human bacterial pathogen outbreaks and recalls.
6. The future of fresh produce wash water GAPs.
Trevor V. Suslow, Ph.D.
Extension Research Specialist
Preharvest to Postharvest Produce Safety
One Shields Ave
University of California, Davis
Department of Plant Sciences
Mann Lab Mail Stop 3
Davis, CA 95616-8780