How a Food Production Facility Designs a Pest Control Plan with Steven Graff of Abell Pest Control, Inc.
Duration: 33 minutes, 12 seconds.
Steven Graff is the Quality Assurance Manager for Abell Pest Control Inc., a company with over 85 years industry presence. Abell Pest Control Inc. is a Canadian based company consisting of service branches located across Canada and the northern United States. Steven holds an Honours Biological Science degree from the University Of Guelph, Ontario, Canada with specialization in Wildlife Biology. He has been an employee with Abell Pest Control for 15 years with 4 years work experience as a Service Technician and 11 years experience within the Quality Assurance Department.
Steven’s main role is to ensure the quality of Abell’s services through directing his team of Auditors and Field Trainers, and developing company-training programs. Technical development, Client training, assessing and developing Client pest management programs, and special projects in Integrated Pest Management are also part of Steven’s responsibilities.
1. Steven Graff’s education, training and background.
2. Analyzing the potential for pest issues in a food production facility.
3. The crafting of a pest control plan throughout a facility.
4. How to assess the risk of pest control issues.
5. Establishing critical limits through scientific methods and documentation.
6. Validating the pest control service and team.
7. Documenting the pest control policy, including training, mandatory review dates, and governmental requirements.
8. Abell Group’s products and services.
Quality Assurance Manager
246 Attwell Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 5B4
(416) 675-3305 x3329
E: [email protected]
Which Statistical Sampling Methodology is the Most Reliable to Validate Food Safety with Eduardo Lopez, Ph.D. of NCA Europa.
Duration: 37 minutes, 58 seconds.
Dr. Lopez earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, and a Master’s Degree in Numerical Methods, and a Master’s Degree in Operations Research, and a Ph.D. in Food Systems Management with a minor in Technology Assessment at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. His expertise is in Quality Engineering in automobile, plastics, pharaceutical and food manufacturing sectors. Since 1982 he has promoted the use of statistical tools for decision making in manufacturing and service environments and extended his consulting activities to Latin America, Spain and Portugal in the early 1990’s.
From 2003 to 2008, the Secretary of Economy of Mexico appointed him to the ISO Committee.
Dr. Lopez directs, NCA Europa headquartered in Monterrey, Mexico and GRUPO SINERGIA, Mexico City.
1. Introduction of Dr. Eduardo Lopez.
2. The need to screen finished products in food production.
3. The traditional food safety statistical sampling methodology.
4. How to design a statistically valid sampling plan for pathogen testing of produce in pre-harvest or finished product. 5. Dr. Lopez's suggestions for designing quality sampling plans.
Eduardo López, Ph.D.
NCA EUROPA, S.A.
Mississippi 231-A Pte.
Colonia Del Valle
Garza Garcia, N.L. 66220 MEXICO
http://www.gsinergia.com" target="_blank">[email protected]
Food Safety Precautions in Transportation with Joe Stevens, the Director, National Sales, England Logistics.
Duration: 18 minutes, 16 seconds.
Joe Stevens, Director, National Sales, England Logistics, is responsible for National Sales, Corporate Marketing and the Agent Sales Development.
Joe began his career in the transportation industry in 1989 as an Over the Road Driver for Redline transportation. Prior to joining EL, Joe was the Director, Business Development for Freightquote.com, a $750M non-asset based 3PL where he led a team that moved more than 15,000 shipments per week. Prior to joining Freightquote.com, Joe was President of JMS III Enterprises a non-asset based 3PL providing transportation, logistics and material handling solutions within the cardboard, paper, lumber and construction industries. Additionally, Joe has held positions as SVP at RPL Logistics and Sr. Director, Corporate Logistics at FreightPro.com. He is a graduate of the University of Kansas with a degree in Business Administration.
1. Introduction and background.
2. Food Safety Precautions in Transportation.
3. Specific industry standards to assure food safety.
4. Future goals and technologies.
5. England Logistic's offerings and services.
Director, National Sales
England Logistics, Inc.
The Importance of Food Testing for a Food Production Company with Dan Fantz
Duration: 18 minutes, 14 seconds.
1. History of California Organics, a Food Production company.
2. The philosophy behind CO’s Food Safety Program.
3. CO’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system.
4. CO’s certification programs and approvals.
5. CO’s surveillance program using DNA testing.
6. The types of clients and products CO serves.
California Organics, LLC.